The other day we made plans to go to the park and meet some friends. It was the last beautiful day (weather-wise) for a while, so we went and while it was nothing fancy, it was just so nice. The kids had so much fun, they played so well, Jonny went to sleep for a long time, and I was able to sit and visit with my good friend while our kids played. It was really a GOOD day.
Thursday was the kids' last class of swim lessons. They each got a little certificate saying they had finished and listing the skills they had mastered. When Jeff got home from school, I called them in very ceremoniously and let them present their certificate to their daddy and read off all the achievements. They were so excited that they were actually nervous... It was so sweet to watch them show daddy what they had done. It was just a really GOOD time.
This weekend we went up to Great-Papa's for a multi-birthday party. Great-Papa (Jeff's grandfather), Little Grandma (Jeff's mom), cousin Seth, and second cousin Sophia all have their birthdays within a week of each other. It was so nice to see some of the Aunts, Uncles, and cousins that we haven't seen for a while, and the kids were so excited to see their baby cousin. I ended up having the opportunity to teach one of the teenage cousins how to knit. I love sharing my favorite things with other people and this time was particularly fun because she caught on SO quickly. I don't think I've every shown anyone who picked it up so fast. It was very rewarding to share this craft that is such a big part of my life with the "young generation." It was GOOD.
I think that I often get so caught up in the frustrations of everyday. like laundry, or dishes. auugh. it doesn't matter how many loads of clothes or dishes we do... there are ALWAYS more dirty sitting there waiting. That is truly one of the most frustrating things for me. I need to make sure that I pay equal emotional attention to the good things. It's easy to be grateful for huge "good days" like vacations, I need to make sure that I am recognizing the small good days, or even harder, the good moments in a not-so-great day.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good stuff Jody. Thanks for the reminder.
How awesome Jody. Thank you for sharing some of your good days :) and I can't agree more...sometimes life is just good!
Post a Comment