Monday, September 24, 2007

So Tara tagged me

and apparently that means I have to post 7 random facts about myself. Ha. pretty much everything about me is random.



1. I have a hideous head cold right now that is moving into my chest so I'm going to try to get into the Doctor and see what miraculous things he can do so that I'm not in misery when we go to Florida in 3 days. However, Joy broke her front tooth over the weekend (the jury is out on whether she hit it on her brother's head or on a baby doll head) so getting her to the dentist this morning is first priority.



2. I hate making phone calls. I don't know why, I just hate it. Businesses, acquaintances, it doesn't matter, I just don't enjoy talking on the phone. I call my mom of course, and if someone calls me I'll (usually) answer it, but to sit down with a list of calls to make is just torture to me.



3.I've traveled outside of the US, but only to Central America. I went to Belize the summer I was 14, then again when I was 15. I returned and was there for a year after college. I have also been on a mission trip to Guatemala and have traveled in El Salvador and Mexico. I have one souvenir from Honduras due to a flight layover where we got out and were allowed to roam the airport. So I've been to Honduras, just never outside.



4. I'm scared of heights but love to fly. I can swim but get weirded out when I snorkel--because I feel like I'm going to fall. If I close my eyes or put my head up so I can't see below water I'm fine, but when I see the bottom way down there, I get the same feeling that I do when I'm up high. Even my phobias are weird.



5. I still have my first car, a 1973 VW Bug named "Hoppy". Right now he's parked in my husband's grandparent's barn, awaiting a rebuild and restoration.



6. I graduated from high school early. I turned 18 second semester of my freshman year of college.



7. Some of the students I taught when I was teaching school are now out of college, married, and have kids. This makes me feel OLD. I know that I was barely 5 or 6 years older than they were when I was teaching, but still...



Ok that's my 7 things. I have to get this crew fed and off to the dentist. Fingers crossed that he can do something about this tooth right away.

1 comment:

kayla said...

Enjoyed your seven facts. I think I remember that car.