Saturday, December 8, 2007

I've been busy

These are all custom orders or gifts that I've turned out in the past month or so:
Custom dyed, then knit, as a baby gift for a friend of mine. The colorway will be available in my store under the name "Hannah's Hydrangea"
A set of shirts for a sibling group, there were actually four, but i took the picture after the first three were complete. This was for a trade, it purchased Jeff's Christmas gift from me.
Custom shirts for a newborn girl. Well, technically, she's not born yet, LOL. The mom requested the coffee cup, I don't just randomly make coffee cup shirts for infants.
Custom dyed yarn for a little guy who loves all things yellow.
Custom dyed self-striping yarn in "Cotton Candy"

These reptiles are all for one lucky kid. I am now under strict orders to produce an equal or greater number of toys for my own kids! I am particularly pleased with the lizard.

This one was a joint effort, my mom knit up the stockings, I embellished them and am offering customized name options. This one is made up and shipped out, there are other available in my store--link in the sidebar.


Custom shirts for a new baby boy.
infant sized diapers for my friend who just had a baby girl... I am SOOOO suffering from baby fever, I truly enjoyed making these dipes.
For those who understand (or care) about the inner workings of cloth dipes, these are flannel, with an inner soaker layer, then a sewn in "lay in" doubler. The doubler is sewn in across the back so it can't get lost in the dryer, but will flap freely to speed up washing and drying time. The doubler is topped with a wicking/stay dry layer of alova suede, and the rest is flannel.
I'm sure I'm missing something... oh yes, two fleece covers for the above diapers but I didn't get a picture, I barely got them in the mail box before the postman this morning. Also a secret dyejob on a skein of yarn. No pics of that yet, not until I'm ready to debut in the store, ... ha ha, take that you industrial spies who are reading my blog and trying to steal my trademarked colorways!
I also deep-cleaned the kitchen and cleaned and rearranged the living room awaiting the arrival of the christmas tree. And Jeff was out of town Monday through Friday... and will be out of town again next week, but I don't want to even talk about it, it makes my blood pressure go up. Oh, the good news is that he was accepted (to two different Universities) for his Master's program. He had an emotional pull to go with ODU since that is where he has his BS from, but he is going to choose Florida Technical Institute instead since they offer a direct program with his company. The cohort will be made up only of people from Northrop Grumman and they will hold the classes in company facilities. The other great thing is that NG pays for it up front instead of having to pay for it then submit for tuition assistance.
Hmmm. that's all for now, I have 5 minuts alone and I better use it wisely!



1 comment:

Misty said...

Very nice!! I don't know how to knit (maybe someday!) But I love the shirts and diapers......maybe I can start on some AFTER Christmas :-)