Wednesday, February 6, 2008

belated birthdays and a teaser.

January is our busiest birthday month here at the Luck home. I do have to say that we get it all over with in an efficient manner. Sure we have three birthdays, but we get them all out of the way in less than a week. I go first, January 3, this year I turned 28. I can't even write that with a straight face, LOL. I turned 35. Joyana is next, on the 5th she turned 2, and finally Joey on the 8th (which was also Elvis Presley's birthday), he turned 6. Honestly, my baby boy turning 6 makes me feel far older than myself turning 35.


I will talk about both of the birthday kiddos. Joey is a huge child, well over 4 feet tall, and tipping that scales at around 65 lbs. He also has 5 permanant teeth already. Crazy. He is a gentle giant. Well, he means to be gentle. Unfortunately, he is a bit heedless at times and will bowl you over without even seeing that you were standing there. For his birthday he got a BIG BOY BIKE. Poor kid was still attempting to tool around the yard on the tiny bike we got when he was around 3. Let me tell you... nothing will hamper the bike riding learning process like literally not being able to fit your knees around the handle bars... I was a bit afraid that the bigger bike would be too big, but he did SO well. Joey is the funniest little man, he loves to tell jokes, although often they simply dont' make enough sense to be funny. For Christmas, I looked up a number of kid-friendly jokes and wrote them down for him to learn. He memorized 10 or so new jokes (which were actually amusing) much to the delight of various grandparents at various holiday family functions. He adores all things Thomas (the Tank Engine, for those of you without little boys) and anything having to do with animals. The kid can play a full-on version of Zoo Tycoon 2, often with more success than I have. Happy Birthday Bubby, I love you so much!
Joyana... It seriously seems like yesterday that she was born. Now she is two, talking, playing, singing, dancing. The big eyes that still vacilate between green and blue/gray (I'm pulling for green!) and the red curls that simply delight me everytime I look at her. She is the doll of the family, with both Joey and Jessi doting on her, and it goes without saying that Daddy is hopelessly wrapped in her little fingers. Even Dean is under her spell. She learns new things every day and amuses us endlessly with her mimicry... "No Doey, NO , GO ROOM!" " Sessi, stop cry, STOP STOP cry!" her discoveries which she shares with such enthusiasm.. "p-butter jubby in BELLY!" Jeff and I often remark that she stayed a baby longer than the other two (she didn't walk until 13 months, the other two were 9 months), and it was so sweet to have a "real" baby, but boy is she making up for lost time now! I hear "Mommy, Mommy" and go answer, only to find that she is talking to Jessi and they are playing house. She carries babies around and gently rocks them, she begs Bubby for "read book, read 'tory, read me bubby" . Baby Girly, I love you, I'm so thrilled that God gave you to us.

Finally, the teaser. Brandy... this is for you. The soaker is nearly finished but I'm having too much fun making you wait to see it knit up.


No comments: