For Christmas, my in-laws gave us a family year-pass to the Virginia Living Museum. We thoroughly enjoyed our pass to the Virginia Aquarium last year, even though it was a bit of a drive. The Living Museum is literally just a mile or so from our house. It has been completely redone in the past few years and is really a top quality facility. Yesterday we enjoyed the gardens and nature trails as well as many of the indoor exibits.

I got a picture of this heron in the aviary.

The summer gardens were in full bloom and I got some great pictures. What is really cool is that while you are outside, you see the bees feeding on the blooms, and when you go inside, you can see those same bees coming and coming from their hive. The hive is inside and the bees come and go through a small plexi-glass "tunnel" to the outside.

These Lionfish are beautiful... and deadly!
More random shots. I'll post pictures of the "other" wildlife (the kids) later today.
No comments:
Post a Comment