Dean celebrated his 18th birthday on Friday. It's amazing to think that he's been "ours" for nearly 2.5 years now.
He decided that he wanted Sushi for his birthday dinner and since the closest he's going to get to that in MY house is a can of tuna or a frozen fishstick, Jeff took us all out to dinner.
Here is Dean and his girlfriend, Erin.
Joey had a ball. I couldn't believe how much he ate. He ate the tofu chunks out of my miso soup, he ate steak, chicken, veggies, shrimp, and rice. Jeff explained that he should bring his mouth to the food instead of the food to his mouth... to minimize spillage with the chopsticks. Joey took this to heart.
Joy also enjoyed herself. She loves to eat. She's my smallest child so far, yet can out-eat them all. She also had tofu, soup, rice, chicken, and fish. We were mean though and didn't let her use her own chopsticks. That is Jeff's hand you feeding her.
Jessi moaned and groaned about being hungry (but would have no part of any of the appetizers) and when her food finally came, she ate more than I have every seen her eat in one sitting. Seriously. Chicken and rice, then some rice and chicken. To finish off, she had a bit more chicken, and a bit more rice.
Deano got a big old platter of bait. I mean sushi. More power to him. I did that once, in college, in Baltimore, with Tom McCasland and (I think) Jason Miller. Once was enough.
We had mentioned to the waitress that we were here to celebrate a birthday, so at the end of the meal she brought him icecream with a candle and sang to him. She also brought ice cream for the kids. It was SO yummy, mango icecream.
I guess the one remaining part of his birthday fun is to go in and register for selective service. Hey, I wonder if he can just do it online? I'll have to check.

2 comments:
Sushi! My fav! Great looking plate of it too! Funny that you have pics of the kids eating with chopsticks. I just took one of Katy eating with them a few weeks ago when we ate sushi. She really likes it. Great post!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAN!
Glad you all had a good time!
Post a Comment