Today is voting day and I am still undecided. Well, I suppose I'll end up voting for the lady who's sign has been in our yard for several weeks, but I'm not happy about it.
I'm trying to find a balance and not be "Single-issue voter" but it seems like the candidate that I like very much in some areas I really do NOT like in other areas. It all comes down to voting for the lesser of two evils, I know that, but on which set of "evils" do I weigh my choice?
I have very little brain space to devote to this anyway, I am torn between doing my civic duty and the niggling thoughts that it all really doesn't matter anyway, the stupid politicos are going to do what they want to do anyway and I'm so far in right field (and to complicate matters, have a few ideologies that are distinctly left-field) that no one is going to accurately represent me anyway.
I think the thought that will actually be what drives me to juggle the kids and make it out to the polls tonight is the fact that for all our faults and inconsistencies, the USA is still the one country in the world that people are willing to risk their lives to get into. That motivates me to celebrate my freedom by doing my part.
And I do fully realize that I'm so far behind the Disney postings that I'll probably be finishing them in time for our next trip, planned for 4 years from now.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't you hate it when you are forced to compromise for the lesser evil. We do live in a great country though, it doesn't take but a few minutes in some countries to realize how good we have it here.
Post a Comment