Ok here's the deal, I have a rough draft of a Halloween rant, thoughts on a movie review (The Business of Being Born), or the option to do another shameless promo for one of my WAHM friends.
Guess which one won?
The thing is, I've actually already blogged about Tara's soaps before but that's ok, they are SO super-duper that they deserve another spot, especially in light of gift-giving season.
First off, these are home made soaps, not glycerin melt-n-pour from the craft store. They are made from goat's milk and are simply divine. They are good for your skin and smell good enough to eat--although, and trust me on this one, they do NOT taste as good as they smell.
Now, in order for this recommendation to carry the proper weight, you must understand that I am cheap beyond all measure and to pay $6 for a bar of soap.... it ain't happenin'. Except... that this soap lasts and lasts and lasts! I got five bars last fall to use as Christmas gifts... and then couldn't give them away (more on this later) and I just now finished my last bar. Now that is just me using them, not the whole family, but still.
So here it is, gifting season once again, and Tara has absolutely outdone herself. She has mini-gift sets of a soap and handmade wooden soap dish for under $10, and a full-on gift basket for under $25--get this-- INCLUDING SHIPPING!
I challenge you to think outside the box and instead of doing another Bath and Bodyworks gift, to go to Tara's shop and check out her goods. You will be buying American, supporting a Christian work-at-home-mom, and getting a very high quality product. Only one warning note... if this is intended for a gift, you may want to take advantage of her shipping directly to the recipient option. Everything she sells is packaged so carefully that it truly does not need any additional wrapping from you and I'm telling you, if you get it and smell it, you will have a HARD time not keeping it for yourself!
Tara's Store
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I come over here to say HI and urge you to visit my blog & enter my "give-away" and here I am greeted by this post.
You know what you did? You made me cry! Whata dear heart you are to do something so sweet for little ol' me.
I'm also working on a post showcasing all my favorite WAHM friends and you better believe you'll be in it!
Love ya Jody!
Post a Comment