In case you haven't noticed, I'm big on supporting small home businesses (since I are one ;-P) and I'm very, very please to highly recommend my great friend Lisa and her graphic business called "UnOrdinary Life." Now, if you read here much, you know that I am into photo-editing and digital scrapping, etc. But I have to tell you, Lisa can do wonders. I was pleased to have her design our family Christmas cards last year, and I'm pushing for all of you to take advantage of her skill and get your personalized cards done with her this year.
I'll give the link in a minute, but first I have to gush some more. When I say "personalized", I don't mean pick from a list of premade templates, I mean totally custom. Your colors, your designs, your total choice. You describe your idea (classic, humerous, victorian, retro, modern, etc) and she will create it. I think what I most admire about Lisa's sense of design is that she can do such different work. My card last year--disembodied heads cleverly perched atop snowmen bodies--totally us, whacky and funny. Some of her customs cards from this year--totally classy, deep rich colors, formal designs.
Oh! photo editing. Anyone with more than two people in their family knows that it is pretty much impossible to have everyone's eyes open at the same time. Throw small children or babies into the mix and you are pretty much hosed. Doesn't matter. Really. Send Lisa the one shot of you and Sally looking nice, the other shot of Daddy and baby looking nice, and that final shot where the dog is looking at the camera instead of licking himself, and she will merge them together and create a perfect family portrait!
Lest you think that I'm getting a kick-back from this advertisement, let me assure you that I'm not, I just REALLY believe in her work.
Here's the website, her prices are extremely reasonable and all the printing is professionally done at one of the biggest professional labs in the country.
UnOrdinary Life
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment