Monday, May 12, 2008

mother'sdaystimuluschecklightsout

Yes you read that right.

Mother's Day. Is it permissible to admit that my Mother's Day started out a little cruddy and went downhill a bit before it went back uphill? Or should I pretend that I was feted with breakfast in bed, someone else got the whole family ready and polished for church, and I got the "most angelic mother" award at church?

How about I neither admit nor deny anything, but do say that my dear husband did successfully rescue my day and turn it into something truly special? He really is a great guy and I'm so blessed to have him for a husband and the father of my children.
---------------------
Economic stimulus check. Jeff is actually looking this gift horse in the mouth and wondering where the government gets the extra money to do this. He's such a republican. I on the other hand figure it's about time the GOP learns to share, and after all, all they have to do is shorten the Iraqi war for a day or so to pay for this.

Our plans for the money include:
new lawnmower
new weed eater
new serger
retaining stones for the other half of the house border garden
windshield for the motorcycle
seat backrest for the motorcycle
spinning wheel
hire someone to put down new floor in the kitchen
put aside some $$ for school supplies for next year, so I can have an account to go to as needed
carpet another bedroom

Now obviously, this is a dream list. But it's fun to dream, and if we can manage even four or five things on our list, that will be great.

-------------------------------

We've had some yucky weather around here, including uncharacteristic tornadoes. Let me tell you, I'm a tropical girl and I grew up with hurricanes. they really don't bother me so much. Tornadoes though, I do NOT like. I dealt with them for two years in Alabama and figured I was finished! I didn't sign on to do tornadoes here too. That aside, last night we had some good T-storms and wind and our electric went out. It blinked a few times then went out for good. We broke out the candles and a hand crank camping lantern to use to eat a simple supper, then all piled into mommy and daddy's bed for storytelling, spelling and math quizzes, and general fun until bedtime. I really think the kids liked it, and I know I appreciated having them go down without the usual plea for 2 more minutes of light, or please leave the hall light on.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah we are awaiting the arrival of said check too! Number one on the list is a new car seat and stroller and various other baby things. How are you feeling these days? I cracked up about you licking the salt off of the chips because....I did the same thing!! I always crave salt! I am pretty miserable right now....feeling like a bus. Only 5 more weeks until my csection, although I often think I won't go that long. Bye for now

Angela said...

Jody, I just found your blog, how are you doing? Remember me? D-13. Angie!!! Glad your husband rescued your Mother's Day!!!