quick update:
Jeff is doing great, he really is. the surgeon is very happy with how he is healing and he has been back at work doing part time days for about 1.5 weeks, should be back to full time by the end of this week. He was truly very sick and it has taken a while for his body to recover from how septic he was. God has been so good, I really can't thank him enough.
I've had Jeff home for the better part of a month and we have enjoyed it so much! To be really honest, I thought it would be hard... I hear women talk about wanting their husbands to get back to work when they are off for a while, but it truly has been special.
Jessi just had her 5th birthday, no pictures though because the usb port on the front of the computer where I plug my camera in to down load pics is broken and I can't crawl around to the back right now. She had a great day with our final homeschool group field trip, a birthday dinner date with dad and grandpa, home for cake and presents, then off to the pinewood derby to see Joey race. She got a scooter, a fishing pole, and two puzzles, and a great time was had by all.
I got my new serger. I'm in heaven, it's great. After two years, I finally decided and bought one. so far so good. Again, I'll post pics when i get the camera connected.
We did a lot of moving over the holiday weekend, Jeff and I are into our new bedroom, Joey is in our old one, and the girls are in the "kids'" room by themselves. They are getting lovely bunkbed but it's not due in for a few weeks.
Our family lost a wonderful friend last week. My "Uncle" Tom passed away after several years fighting congestive heart failure. I'll try to post his obituary later, and do a proper memorial post. For now I'll just say that this is so bittersweet... our hearts ache for our loss, but I know that he is out of pain and can finally breathe again. He was a big man, an ox of a man, and to be, for all intents and purposes, crippled these past few years has been so hard on him.
Today was our last MOPS meeting of the year, and to make it even more emotional, our two co-cordinators are both retiring this year. God has given us two amazing young ladies to rise up in leadership, but it is going to be hard to do without my other dear friends. I'm going to blame it on the pregnancy hormones, but yes, I did cry (a lot) this morning.
That's all for now, just touching base since it's been a few weeks. There will be pictures eventually.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My deepest sympathies to you and your family in regards to your uncle.
Glad to hear Jeff is doing so much better.
Hugs, my friend.
Post a Comment