I know, I know, I hesitate to guess how many posts in the past year or two are called "ramblings" but hey, it's my blog.
so, yes, I'm still pregnant. I should have learned my lesson with Joy and just never even announced I was expecting.. it sure did cut back on the end of pregnancy comments. So yes, I'm miserable, yes I still have a few weeks to go, no we don't know what it is (well, we are pretty sure it's a baby).
Today was our MOPS registration party. Of course it's totally possible to do MOPS registration without a mid-summer party, but we pretty much are deep into withdrawal by this time of summer and really need to have a get-together. We had a great turn out and it looks like we have a number of new mommies joining us, some from our church and some from other places. The theme this year is "Adventures in Motherhood" so it's kind of like a theme park/carnival type theme. In keeping with this, the event today was kind of carnival theme. They (it sounds so weird to say they... for the past three years I've had some kind of official role in MOPS and this year I'm sitting out) hired a bunch of youth group kids that work in the clown ministry to do balloons, face painting, play games, and had little booths with popcorn, snow cones, and candy.
Interesting tidbit, I met a lady who was registering for the first time and we got to talking about kids and school and she is homeschooling this year for the first time. She was saying that she was still confused about filing her NOI (notice of intent) so I got her email addy to send her a link to one of our state homeschool associations that has sample letters. When she wrote it for me, it looked very familiar... her name with the numbers 81900... mine is the same, thing, 8192000, so I asked her if those numbers were meaningful and sure enough, they are her anniversary-- just like me. So that was cool. I have another friend at church with the same anniversary too.
Note: large WHINE ahead!
Now... you all know that I have laid down the law concerning any more sickness in this house, right? it has simply gotten out of hand. first Jeff, then Jeff some more, then Jessi...
Well, dontcha know that Jeff just went and got his toenail cut out last week? Yeppers. I thought the appointment was for a consult with the podiatrist. Nope. I took him in (with all the kids of course, since I found out about it the night before and didnt' have time for a babysitter) and they cut half of it out right then and there. I KNOW he has been suffering with ingrown toenails for 6 months. NO I don't want him to hurt, but by george, I am the one who is hobbling around now...having us both shuffling like senior citizens is just not good!
Now... I do have to say that he is doing GREAT, very little pain at all. Which is good, because he had his follow up with the surgeon today and UGH UGH UGH UGH NOOOOOOOOO WHINE GROAN OWEEEEEEEEE, sure enough he says that he has to go BACK in AGAIN and work on the incisions. On August 14th. Ok ladies and gentlemen, I fully plan on having a baby right about then, if not before! It's not the procedure so much as the recovery I dread. the last time they did this, Jeff was in MORE pain than he had been from the first time (as far as recovery goes that is). I need him in one piece. Seriously, I know that if it has to be done then it has to be done, but come ON!!! Do I eventually get dibs on laying around and getting waited on? If so, when pray tell?
Whine over, it's safe to start reading again.
I have to brag on the kids. I have been feeling really crummy and just not up to much at all, the kids have totally stepped up, at least as much as a 5 and 6 year old can. Obviously they aren't doing cooking and cleaning, but as far as taking care of Joy/keeping her entertained, they have done great, Jessi especially. Joey has stepped up with chores too, not only with his part of the dishes but helping with laundry too so I don't have to carry anything, and even loading the washer and dryer. In fact, today I got a surprise, I knew we had put in a load this morning and then this afternoon went back to switch them out and he had already moved the wet clothes from the washer to the dryer and started refilling the washer from the dirty bin. We have front loaders so he can't reach the controls and I wouldn't want him messing with the detergent anyway, but I was so pleased! I never told him to do the switchout, he just went and did it. Sorry moms of girls, he already has two girls picked out to marry and is quite concerned about which one he will actually choose.
Well, I had another cute story to share but 2 out of 3 kids are asking to go to bed. I probably should take them up on that.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey Jody. I am checking your blog daily to see when your baby is born as this is probably the only way I will find out. Good luck to you I hope it all goes well. Take care!
Post a Comment