Thursday, November 13, 2008

Christmas gifts.

I've been able to make or trade for a number of gifts this year which has certainly helped the budget. I haven't been able to trade for Joey's computer games (Tycoon upgrades/ expansion packs), but Jessi wanted play kitchen stuff.

This is a pocket friend for Joyana. She loves all things ladybug. I got some little pocket friends last year from Lisa at Winsome Whatnots and this year I asked about getting a custom ladybug done and she obviously did a great job. It is about 4 inches or so, little enough to fit in Joy's purses, and big enough to not get lost. It is hand crocheted and washable.
Play food ham sandwich, complete with bread, ham, cheese, lettuce, tomato. Also from Winsome Whatnots.

A petite four cake I sewed from felt.


Felt pizza slice- I made this and the following felt foods.

Felt sugar cookies with sprinkles



felt gingerbread lady cookie.




I have more felt food in the works and a big felt treasure map for Joey.
I also was able to trade for a bunch more crocheted food from Tiffany of Fair Trade Family, and she was kind enough to get me some kitchen tools from Ikea since she has one local to her and I do not. From Tiff I got some great Icecream cones, cupcakes, and a few other things.


I also want to get Joey an I-Spy bag from All 4 Kids to play with in church.
I have some other things in mind too, if I can arrange trades for yarn. I used to be able to trade with my applique'd shirts but I just don't have time anymore.
On my "covet list" are toys from Anne Moze, Happy Squash and Doohickies
Please consider buying local or handmade this season and help support the American small business.





2 comments:

Kim M. said...

Oh my goodness.... those are beyond adorable! "Buy American"... Great idea!

Laura said...

Jody, I really enjoyed looking at your blog and looking at pictures...your children are all adorable....do I se 4 children??? I have 4 as this past Feb. I would love to keep in touch with you...friends, Laura