well, I went this morning and did my duty. And for some reason, even though no one threatened me with past criminal convictions, or wrong address due to foreclosure, or told me that because the polls were so busy I should vote tomorrow... I still feel very disenfranchised.
No matter what Jesse Ventura says about a vote for a minor party not being a wasted vote, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Not that I honestly put a ton of thought into it in the first place, although, I did visit some of the third party websites to see what they were all about. One friend was all about Ralph Nader and I did think about him. Another friend introduced me to Bob Barr and I've discovered that I have some quite Libertarian leanings. Someone else urged me to vote for Chuck Baldwin, although I have to admit that I closed his website with disgust when he mentioned "anchor babies."
No, I voted for one of the two main parties. And I didn't want to. I don't like what either of them stand for. I tried and tried to figure out who was the least slimey, the lesser of two evils. Eventually I just closed my eyes and pushed a button.
Just kidding.
We don't have push button voting here. I had to actually look at the paper and fill in a little black bubble.
Here's what my fear is, if McCain and Palin win, all of this conservative fervor will die down and the churches and christians that have been fasting and praying for deliverance will go right back to their apathetic ways of being sure to preserve the purity of the church and forgetting about the great big wide world right outside its doors.
Being pro-family will continue to be a cover term for homophobia, and being pro-life will involve standing on the side of the road once a year on Sanctity of Life Sunday.
Honestly, I'm not sure we deserve to be delivered.
Maybe the scary prospect of a democrat presidency, especially THIS democrat, will get conservatives up off of our "blessed assurance" and actually DO something.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
And I agree Jody. Coldn't have said I better.Good luck America. UH?
Excellent post. I referred to your post in my blog.
Post a Comment