Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Blogs of Note

Some of you have recieved emails from me about my friend Shelley... here are her blogs. If you haven't gotten emails of prayer requests, here is a super quick back story:

Shelley and Robert like to adopt kids. specifically kids with disabilities from Eastern Europe. It has been my joy to meet Shelley this year in MOPS and to get to know her and watch what amazing things God can do with a willing family. Shelley and Robert are the most regular people you would ever hope to meet. Not perfect, not "have it all together", just normal people. I laughed the last time I saw Shelley, she had just had a "midlife crisis" and dyed her hair pink! I guess that is what happens when a mom of many gets two hours free at the mall, LOL.

Anyway, here are her blogs. The first one is her life blog, it will have stories about all the kids and just daily life. http://chroniclesofhousehold6.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

This is the blog dealing specifically with the latest adoption. They have one son from Romania, one from Hungary, and are leaving in a few days to get their son from Serbia. This will be the first international adoption of a child with Down Syndrome from Serbia. (This is in addition to their kids they aquired in the "normal way." ) http://gatheringthemfromtheeast.blogspot.com/

I encourage you to visit Shelley's blogs, be encouraged and amazed as you follow their journey of faith.

No comments: