Friday, June 15, 2007

Tom Train recall/ Dental visits

Just in case some of you with young children haven't seen this already, there is a recall on some models of wooden Thomas the Tank Engine toys. Full details can be found here. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07212.html

Several of our toys fall under this recall... I'm not sure how we are going to survive without James for the several weeks/months that it takes to get a replacement... this is a sad day for the Luck children.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Today was the first of our week long series of dental office visits. The office has a policy of not filling up one day with the same family (if you cancel they have a whole day of empty office to pay for, I totally understand) so we started out with Joey today, Dean goes Monday, Jessi Tuesday, Jeff Wednesday, and I was scheduled for next Thursday but they canceled me and I now go in July. Joey did very well as usual. Almost too well. It's a combination of the fact they they play movies right there in the chair (Toy Story) and the fact that Joey went through so many really unpleasant medical treatments as a little guy that he seriously just checks out when he goes to a doctor. I know that he's fine and will come back from his happy place as soon as they are finished, but I can understand that they get just a little concerned when he lays there unresponsive. I really wish I could master that technique and use it for giving birth... too bad he'll never have the opportunity to put it to such good use! He is growing teeth way ahead of schedule, he lost his two bottom front teeth just a few weeks after his 5th birthday, the molars he recently got are actually permanant molars! I guess what we commonly term as "12 year molars." His crossbite is still there (he bites like a little bulldog, bottom teeth out in front) and the dentist said we'll keep a close eye on it when he loses his front top teeth, that is the time to try and redirect the jaw. It may correct on its own, or he may have to wear retainers.
Dean goes on Monday... he thinks he needs braces and Jeff agrees... I'm hoping that the dentist agrees with me, that he doesn't! Even with insurance, braces are expensive enough to make me want to cry.

2 comments:

jenny said...

Hey Jody...this is Jenny from HSBC days. I try not to use last names so I hope you remember me and that I have the right Jody. I wish I had known you better your sense of humor cracks me up! I'll be back for more reading later...keep on blogging.

J Luck said...

Hi Jenny! Yes I remember you and yes I'm the right Jody. :-)
Good to see you, thanks for stopping by!