Tuesday, June 12, 2007

trying to think of a clever name for today's ramblings...

Today was the last game of the tee-ball season, not that we are done, we still have trophies and closing day picnic, but the games are done. We won't go into how happy that makes me because according to my husband, I'm un-American in my disdain for all things baseball. I'll just have to show my patriotism some other way. More on that later.
Here is Jessi leaving 3rd base and running home, her last run of the season. I have to comment on those batting helmets. They are huge. HUGE. It is so stinking hilarious to see all the kids running around out there like bobble-head dolls. Not only are they bulbulous and make the kids top-heavy, they are too big and missing the chin straps, thus Jessi holding her hat for dear life while she tries to run bases. My son, my pride, the joy of my life. Unfortunately for his father, Joey shares my lack of passion for organized sports. We have had him finish out the season simply for character purposes, but even so, Joey has put his own twist on things. Here he is running home from third. Well, not exactly running. More like... well, what do you call it when a robot quick-steps? Because that is about the only way to describe this mode of locomotion. If you can stop laughing, try to note the batting helmet which, although Joey is heading South, is distinctly taking a South-East course.


Completely unrelated to tee-ball...Joy looking UTTERLY adorable. There is no particular reason for her to be wearing a knit hat in June, but you have to admit, the look really works for her.


And finally, I'M FREE! I have been separated from active duty since July of 2003, but have had to check in every year as a member of the IRR. I'm finally done with that as well. I guess I can now go participate in anti-war protests and call officers bad names. http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070603/NEWS01/706030397/1002/NEWS01
Oh well, it's prettier than the paperwork I got when I got out the first time.

No comments: