A dress up skirt, the edge is not quite a rolled edge, but is a very narrow seam.

Close up of the edge on that skirt.

Skirt I made for Joy for the dance recital. Note the rolled lettuce edge. This is a double circle. It was my first project.


Edge on this costume/dress up skirt with my old serger...

Rolled edge on the same skirt with my new serger, isn't it beautiful?

A skirt for the girls, again the rolled/lettuce edge. The girls like that.

For some reason the text isn't always beside the proper picture. Hopefully you can figure it out.

2 comments:
Ohhh, I love it!! I have been trying to figure out how to do a hem like that but it turns out like your old serger.....hmmmm may have to add new serger to my wish list! LOL DH would croak!
Hey Wes, Misty NEEDS a new serger. Think of all the $$ she'll save when she can sew more efficiently. :-)
Seriously, I'm a compulsive comparer...that's like a compulsive shopper, only I never get around to buying, LOL. I asked for $ for a serger when I graduated two years ago. I just now finally made up my mind and actually bought it. I was all over the map as far as trying to buy a cheap one, a better brand/lower end one, or what. I ended up with a brother 1034D. It doesn't do a coverstich, but it does most other tricks. I got it from Ken's sew and vac online, and got a factory refurbished one since it comes with a 5 year Brother warranty for less than $200.
Post a Comment