Monday, June 30, 2008

Suzuki Violin

I'm seriously considering this for the two older kids. The cost is going to be a bit to swallow, but I REALLY want to get the kids into music. I always assumed it would be piano lessons, but I've heard such wonderful things about the Suzuki method that I'm willing to give it a whirl.

If you have any experience with this type of music learning, positive or negative, please comment!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

I don't personally know anything about that method but I keep reading about it on another Mom's blog. I believe she teaches that method herself and could probably help you out with any questions. Her blog site is http://www.davidandsarahfry.blogspot.com/

Sara's Dad teaches music at GBS (are you familiar with the name Garren Wolf?) and Sara not only plays the violin beautifully but she sings beautifully too. I've never heard her play myself but I've heard that. She flew here and spoke at our Women's Retreat and she is a new fried but I think she would help answer your questions.

My daughter is taking violin at our school and loves it, I couldn't believe how quickly she caught on and I enjoy hearing her play.