I am typing one handed and not feeling particularly eloquent, so I believe I'll attempt to record some random thoughts and use a style I like to call "e.e. military", that is, no capitalization, and in bullet form.
Hey, it's my blog, I can do what I want.
- marriage is both the best and the hardest thing i've ever attempted.
-there are days when i think i can't live with this man, but the mere thought of having to live without him is unfathomable.
-3 children in 4 years. in the first 5 years of marriage. wow. not for the faint of heart.
-family is amazing. babies are amazing. watching my husband with our children is amazing.
-i think "the church" in general is sadly lacking in a real example of godly submission. (hey, i never said these thoughts were going to be all warm and fuzzy)
-if our love has grown and deepened in just 7 years, it takes my breath away to think how much in love we will be in 15 or 25 years.
-i have no regrets about not dating as a teen/young adult. my husband is the only man I have ever told "i love you." entering marriage pure both physically AND emotionally is priceless.
-my husband is an awesome provider, i am so very blessed.
-my husband is faithful, honest, and loving, i am so very blessed.
-my husband is possible the most patient person i know, and inexplicably, the most impatient as well.
-he makes really great decisions when i get over myself and get out of his way.
-love really is blind. we've both gotten really fat and he's lost a good portion of his hair; yet, we still think "each other is pretty"
-love really is not blind. i know his faults, his weaknesses, his extremely bad habits, i know his feet simply reek. i love him anyway.

2 comments:
Jody, got your link from another site. Read your earlier entries about the miscarriage. I just experienced almost the same scenario about 3 months ago. We have one 3yr old little girl. It was most sad and unpleasant for me. i was 3mos and 1 week. Praying for you. Liz Barr
Jody, you may have written this in "e.e.military" style, but it is beautiful!! So many things you stated about marriage and family, I've found true in my life! Thanks for sharing so eloquently! God bless!
Post a Comment