Sunday is our 7th Wedding Anniversary...it really doesn't seem that long, but in other ways, it's been an entire lifetime. Tonight will be mostly a pictoral, tomorrow I'll be a bit more prosey.
Jeff and I were married at Fort Monroe, Hampton, Virginia. We had the ceremony outside in this gazebo on the lawn, by the bay.

Our reception was a short walk across the lawn, in a ballroom in the historic Chamberlain Hotel.

My wedding ensemble: I had something old- my Grandmother's Cameo, something new - my dress, something borrowed- my sister's crinoline and hairpiece, and something blue- a garter.

My only (living) male relative is an Uncle who was unable to make it in on such short notice (more about my shotgun wedding in a later post...ha ha, now I have you wondering!) so I was thrilled and honored to have my dear friend Don Arnott and his wife drive in from Ohio so that he could escort me down the aisle...err, across the lawn.


My sister Julie and my best friend Libby Snider stood with me; Matron and Maid of Honor.
My mom and I.
With my flower girl, Megan (my cousin's daughter).

My family. Not too shabby of a showing, considering I gave them two weeks' notice. My cousin Debbie with her children TJ and Megan came all the way from Florida, my other cousin Phoebe took leave in the middle of Army Airborne jumpschool (that is HUGE) and her husband and girls came along as well from Fayetteville, NC. My mom, sister, brother in law, and dear friend Anita Kerr (now Dalkin) from Salisbury NC, and Libby from Hobe Sound, FL.
Jeff and I... Jessi was watching me scan these photos in and asked, "why are you guys looking at each other?" and I told her "we thought each other were pretty", she then replied, "well, why weren't you looking at the water? I think the ocean is pretty!"Ok Jessi... one day you will understand and think that each other is prettier than the ocean.



2 comments:
Congratulations and the "Best of Luck".
You made a beautiful bride and it was such a beautiful setting. I was honoured to witness it. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Jody - your wedding pictures are beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Post a Comment