1. Joy has thrush. HOW did we get this now? I've nursed three kids, for a total of 41 months, and never gotten thrush. Joy was nearly weaned (until she got sick the beginning of August, really lovely stomache flu, so we got back into nursing a lot), and we are working on it again and now BAM, Sunday she was a little fussy and I noticed some "sugar sprinkles" on her tongue, Monday we headed for the herb store to get some doctorin' stuff, we had a BAD night last night, and today I'm wiping it off of her lips.
YUCK YUCK YUCK.
The only thing more ucky than thrush is the stuff you have to use to get rid of it. My arsenal includes: raw, plain yogurt, liquid acidopholus, Yeast Relief tincture, and a GSE solution (GSE is grapefruit seed extract, if you've ever been on TLC, you may know it as the stuff Sister Ruth Vernon tells you to put into the water of 3rd world countries to keep from getting sick. it's great stuff, but it tastes truly awful). All of these things are hideously foul tasting. I'm hoping that mere contact with all of the above is sufficient, because the most that I can claim is that I'm "rinsing" her mouth with them. I'm pretty sure nothing is actually going down.
She has a dentist appointment tomorrow and I'm afraid they are not going to be happy with me showing up with cheese mouthed kid. I don't want to reschedule since I bagged and pleaded and cried to get an appointment with this new dentist. If it's still bad tomorrow, I may have to go from the dentist to the ped for some prescription stuff.
2. Yesterday I took Joy for a ride (yes even with gas at nearly $3 a gallon, I have my limits) and Jessi came with me. We stopped at a park for a few minutes and Jessi wanted to park under a "flower tree" - a pink crepe myrtle. I barely glanced at the tree but in a moment heard Jessi excitedly exclaim, "Oh look, flowers here and here and there and there, it makes a cross!" I looked and sure enough, a rough cross shape made of flower bundles. I said, "Yes, seeing a cross makes me think of Jesus." We prayed and thanked God for the pretty day and for the cross to make us think of him. Jessi then remarked, "I don't think those flowers are really a cross." I was about to be confused, after all, she just brought it up, but then she continued, "I think God saw us come into the park and saw us park here and made the cross just for us to see it and think of Him, I think he was saying 'Hi'."
Wow, how special are we that God saw us coming and made a flower cross just to say "Hi!" ? I am so greatful for the new view of God that I get to experience through the eyes of my children.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thrush..awful! I had a not so bad time of it when i was nursing Katy. Her case wasn't as bad as what Joy seems to have. You are doing all the right things though. (Esp the yogurt) I'll pray that this clears up quickly!
Hey Grody Jodi, its the bigger than ever Poseable Kayla Doll here.
Sorry that you are having thrush issues, cause as you know one case quickly multiplies into more cases.
I enjoyed your wedding posts. Very romantic.
Post a Comment