No. It wasn't a "real" labor day for me. Rotten kid. The baby ticker is correct.
However, I did ask my dear and wonderful husband if we could please just go out and do something since I'm tired to death of sitting around in misery and the kids are just watching way too many movies/ playing too many computer games.
So we did... and a super duper fun day we had!
We started at "big fish store" which the rest of you probably know as Bass Pro Shop. I promise that place is the most fun that can be had for $2.00 if you have little kids. To be accurate, you can have lots of fun for free just looking at the huge fish tank and all the displays, but to truly qualify as a super-duper fun, you do need to spend some quarters on the "shootin' animals" game. I'm sure the US Government didn't intend for me to use my M-16 and marksmanship training in this way, but it DOES come in handy... "Mommy, get the bear!" "Mommy, Get the pig!" "Mommy, make the squirrel spin around!" Done, done, and done.
Thankyouverymuch Uncle Sam.
We also went to McDonald's to play in the play place (and had to make a quick stop at Target to buy socks since they were all wearing crocs with no socks). Then went to World Market which is another totally fun store... and I found a great price on a big basket to hold baby diapers, bye bye cardboard box.
These beautiful water lilies are from the front of the Bass Pro Shop. 
Unfortunately (or fortunately....) I did not have firearms handy when we drove up Colonial Parkway and spotted a number of wild turkey. I had to shoot them with the camera, and they were high-tailing it for cover (and I was shooting from the middle seat of the van) so they aren't very clear. 
Oxen : taken driving down Colonial Parkway right beside Colonial Williamsburg.
Jeff pulled into a little parking spot so I could get out and stretch my legs. The bank down to the water was very steep and I couldn't get close at all, but this bush was literally SWARMING with butterflies. It was SO amazing! I had the camera all the way zoomed but didn't have a tripod, so again, it's not a great shot, but you can see two butterflies.

Once we got up to Jamestown, we took the ferry across the James River over to Surry. We had dinner at The Surry House, and came back on the ferry. The following pictures are from the ferry ride.



Dad and the kids waving from the observation deck. We were on the "Pocahontas"

Me with the BabyJ, Joy, and Jessi.
From the ferry, looking over to the Jamestown Colony site. The obelisk is modern. The brick church is Jamestown Settlement era.
I nearly "got it" from this gull. As I was tracking him right above me to get the shot, it occured to me that I might not be in the very best place. I snapped and jumped and it was just in time--if you know what I mean.

Joy, BabyJ, and I looking off the front of the ferry.
From the ferry, looking over to the Jamestown Colony site. The obelisk is modern. The brick church is Jamestown Settlement era.
I nearly "got it" from this gull. As I was tracking him right above me to get the shot, it occured to me that I might not be in the very best place. I snapped and jumped and it was just in time--if you know what I mean.
Joy, BabyJ, and I looking off the front of the ferry.









4 comments:
I wondered if we would ever get to see a picture of you blooming in all your glory. Wow! Are you sure there is just one Baby J in there? Gary's only memories of you are from seeing you at our wedding in 2002 and so he was quite shocked when I showed him the pictures. Glad you had an enjoyable day with the family and we are praying that Baby J will make her entrance SOON.
You poor thing! I predict you are gonna have a whopper. Will you just keep going or will you be induced at some point?
I always got so big and had big babies so I "feel your pain" about how uncomfortable you are right now. My last one was nine and a half pounds...and that was after being induced 10 days early b/c he was going to otherwise be getting close to 11 pounds. I do not have diabetes, I was a big one and so was my husband so apparently it's genetics.
On the upside my ENTIRE labor from first contraction until he was out was 30 min. so I can't complain.
Looks like you had a wonderful day, lots of great pictures, I sure hope you get your own Labor Day REAL soon! "-)
Great pictures, but makes me glad my last baby was born in April :-) After 3 in August, I despise the summer heat and pregnancy!!
Your kiddoes are so cute!
"you do need to spend some quarters on the "shootin' animals" game. I'm sure the US Government didn't intend for me to use my M-16 and marksmanship training in this way, but it DOES come in handy"
This just had me cracking up!!!
What did the workers think of a hugelyl pregnant woman with excellent markmanship? LOL We need a picture!!
Post a Comment